Search This Blog

Friday, August 04, 2006

Apples are not the only fruit

As some of my readers will be aware, I have a passion for Apples - not only those of the fruit variety but also of those beautifully designed computers and also the iPod. Next week in San Francisco, the software developers will meet to have a further look at Apples new operating system called Leopard. This is the 5th iteration of the OS X since it first came out just over 5 years ago. It is anticipated that this is likely to come out before Microsoft's much anticipated and much scaled down Vista. I'm always amazed that Apple can just ke twitching in due course.

However, there was an interesting article in Todays Independent - the link is below

Independent article

which seems to imply that Apple is losing it's cool status what with some options scandal and problems of Mac Books and a load of new arrivals to the Mac scene that don't have the visceral love for Apple that a number of Mac heads have got.

Well for me considering all the problems that Apple had when I first bought my first Mac - I'm glad to have so many more people who are getting the Mac habit and discovering that there is a life beyond beige and boring boxes. I think that people like the essence of Apple's design and knowing that their computers are made to work seamlessly with very little trouble. My next computer will be a Mac.

No comments: