Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2006

We are what we do

This is a little bit of on line marketing for a web site that some people may not have heard off - but I think the concept is quite good and I'd like to pass it on.

Last year, I met up via the RSA with an organisation called we are what we do. They were selling a book called "Change the world for a fiver" So I did and in it it has 50 small things that people can do that if we all did it would make a big difference.

I've been a firm believer that it is the small things that people do that can start avalanches in life - but like most human beings, I find that we need to feel that we belong to something wider.

So if you go to their web site and sign up, you can tick off the actions as you do it.

We are what we do! (I've also made the title a hyperlink too)

Well I felt that this needed a bit of a wider airing and I arranged for them to meet with Sport England so that some exercise element could be incorporated and this turned out to be beneficial to both parties.

Well on the 7th September, they are launching a new book called "Change the World 9 to 5" so not only can you change the world outside from home, you can do it from your desk to.

Why don't you ask your company if they are thinking of something for corporate social responsibility to buy a job lot of books and sell it or give it to clients to spread the message.

As they said a long time ago if your not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

No comments: