Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Being off ill and being in Vietnam

Sorry for the lack of posts this week - but I’ve been laid up in bed with a respiratory tract infection, which makes me sound like I’ve been a 40 a day cigarette man - which I haven’t.

Anyway, it did give me time to read a little, and I finished reading a book over those three days by Robert McNamara who was the secretary of defence in the Kennedy and Johnson administration.

It does highlight the need for good knowledge sharing and especially going and asking people on the ground. It also highlights how a dominant theory blinded people to what was going on in reality. A sobering lesson for us to think about when dealing in change initiatives. Some managers can twist the theory to suit their own ends and manufacture information that matches the theory and not the reality.

No comments: